25 Must Ask Questions When Goal Setting
Let’s be honest, goal setting can be difficult! While all goals should be SMART (Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant & Timely), it is equally necessary to leverage subjective questions allowing yourself to really dig in and set some dynamic goals. We have compiled a list of some of our faves, sit down and journal, or get together with a couple accountability buddies or your partner, and discuss:
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Who are you most inspired by? Why?
- What habit would you most like to break/ start?
- Think of a person you truly admire. What qualities do you like about that person?
- How do you like to relax?
- What are you most afraid of? When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?
- What are you most proud of? When were you most proud recently?
- How do you reward yourself?
- If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
- Who would you like to connect (or reconnect) with? Why?
- What qualities do you admire in others?
- What practical skills do you wish you had?
- Imagine you’re in your 90s. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?
- What is your favorite book/movie/song? Why?
- If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favorite way to give to others?
- What excites you?
- What do you wish you did more of?
- Pretend money is no object, what would you do?
- What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best?
- Which area makes you feel the worst? Why?
- Let’s jump forward a year. What would you like to have achieved in the past year?
- What piece of advice would you give to 5 year old you? 16 year old you? 21 year old you?
- How do you want to be remembered in life?
Chew on those questions for a bit… and write some ambitious, yet attainable goals for 2019!