5 Ways to Say “Thanks”
It is not happy people who are grateful, it is grateful people who are happy.
Approaching life with an “Attitude of Gratitude” is more than just offering a passing “thank you” to those you meet, it’s a heartfelt way to acknowledge someone and their good deed, and an effort to come from a place of gratitude in all you do.
This month, in honor of Thanksgiving, I’m sharing reminders of ways to express gratitude to the people who have gone the extra mile to help us.
- Write a note – the long lost art of a handwritten note, it’ll go a long way!
- Return the favor or pay it forward – act of kindness can be returned or projected on to the next person, just follow suit!
- Give a “thank you” gift – food, flowers, gift card or a little somethin’ useful!
- Publicly express gratitude – whether at a party or via social media, everyone loves a little recognition.
- Make a donation in their name – think of what matters to them, and donate your time or money in their name.
In addition to offering gratitude to others, focusing on personal gratitude leads to consistently awesome days. Some exercise gratitude in gratitude journals, others practice gratitude with daily affirmations. No matter how you do it, remember that the voice inside your head is a strong one, and keeping it positive and grateful will make every day better. When all is said and done, we have so much to be grateful for – food in our bellies, a roof over our head, and amazing people in our lives!